Edgar’s Restaurant is featuring guest chef Keith Gillespie - Fine dining in a casual atmosphere overlooking Good Park Golf Course. We are now open for lunch, Thursday - Saturday 10:00 – 2:00 p.m.
We have published our new Summer Menu here!
This weekend, Friday July 27th, we have Chef Glenn’s brother, Keith Gillespie.
Guest Chef Keith Gillespie
Keith is an LSU Project Engineer visiting us from Baton Rouge Louisiana. Keith was born and raised in Canton Ohio and traveled the world while serving with the U.S. Navy. He spent 5 years working for the U.S. Government in New Orleans and for the past 18 years, living in Southern Louisiana working in the research field as an Electrical Engineer.
Keith has had the opportunity to become thoroughly acquainted with southern Cajun and Creole cuisine and is bringing it to Akron as the featured Guest Chef at Edgar’s Restaurant this weekend.
- Edgar’s Seafood Gumbo
Featured Creole – Cajun Cuisine
- Creole Alligator with Frog Legs and smoked boudin, potato salad and Cajun fixins.
All our normal menu items will be available as well. Make sure you call for reservations.
Recipe for Potato Salad
If you like potato salad, Keith has shared this delicious recipe to try:
- 10 lb. Russet Potatos
- 1 bunch of Green Onions
- 7-8 Eggs whites (only the whites)
- 8 oz. Dill Pickle relish (including Juice)
- 1 tsp. Dill Weed
- 16 oz. Mayonnaise (about half a 32oz. Jar)
- 1 tsp. of Dry Mustard or Dijon Mustard
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning 8 oz
- Salt (This is added when boiling potatoes – Kieth also uses a little olive oil)
- Cook the potatoes firmly. They should be soft enough to stick a fork in and out with force.
- The dill weed is mixed into the mixture and also used as a garnish
- All ingredients should be mixed into the potatoes and mixed delicately so the potatoes can keep their firmness.
- If it look like mashed potatoes, they’ve been cooked too long.
- Lemon cloud
- Chocolate Lava Cake w/Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Apple Cobbler Crisp w/Vanilla Ice Cream
- Key Lime Pie
- Lemonberry Marscapone
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
Don’t forget, we are open for Sunday Brunch and recently opened for lunch Wednesday – Saturday!
Enjoy some delicious Cajun and Creole cuisine this weekend in Akron Ohio at Edgar’s Restaurant. Be sure to make a reservation by calling - (330)-869-3000. If you’re coming from Cleveland it’s about a half hour away to enjoy one of the best fine dining destinations in Northeast Ohio. - Get Directions!!